Reason 2 Ride. August 20, 2011

The ride started out with lots of fun things. Jacob slept in and we really had to bike hard to try to arrive at Payson High School for the beginning of the ride. We arrived at the train tracks just prior to going under the freeway before entering Payson. As Jacob went over his tire immediately hissed and we knew he had a flat. Jacob's pretty darn at fixing flats (he gets a lot of them) so it didn't seem like the end of the world until we couldn't get the new CO2 device to work. I ended up using my little hand pump, which took awhile. After getting it to proper PSI, Jacob noticed that the tire itself was torn and the tube was protruding. We decided that I would head back to Noble Sports for a new tire but just then a slow, long train began came along the tracks. I got to Noble Sports and got the necessary stuff and Jacob's wife, Melissa, drove me back to him. Jacob had placed his tube over the rim without the tire in the meantime, just to hold it. He set it on the ground where a puncture weed pierced it. I got my spare and then we finally set off. By the time we reached the beginning, we were nearly 2 hours behind the start time of 8:00.

The first couple of feed zones were empty but by the end of the Nebo Loop we caught up to the last rider, after which the feeding zones were all occupied. It was a great event and very supported with very friendly volunteers. I'm sure we'll plan on doing it next year.

No comments: